Eurochine Chinese Language School (hereinafter “the School”) belongs to L’Association Eurochine asbl with registered address at, Rue Herman 8, 1030 Bruxelles, Belgium, and company number 0463.566.166.
The School takes data protection and our responsibilities to correctly and lawfully treat personal data seriously. We are committed to complying with legal obligations and practicing industry standards when collecting, processing and storing personal data.
2. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
The personal data we collect, process and store will be personally identifiable information related to students, their parents and staff. The personal data processed includes recorded information and/or video and photographic images about an individual. This includes:
- names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact details;
- family details;
- education and employment data;
- images, audio and video recordings; and/or
- schools (previously) attended.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
The School collects information in several ways, including but not limited to:
- in person and over the phone: from students and their family, staff, job applicants and others;
- from electronic and paper documentation: including job applications, emails, enrolement forms, letters to our school, consent forms, our school’s website or school-controlled social media;
- through online tools: such as apps and other software used by our school;
- through publicly available resources.
4. PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
The School’s members of staff collect, process and store personal information only for the purpose for which it is intended. The School processes personal data to lawfully and legitimately support the School’s operation as an independent school. The School collects information about students and their families when necessary to:
- educate students;
- administer students’ entries to examinations;
- support students’well-being;
- support operational management of the School including administration of student records, the administration of invoices, fees and accounts, the management of security and safety, the administration and implementation of the school’s rules and policies for students and staff; the maintenance of historic archives and other operational purposes;
- make reasonable adjustments and support for students with special needs;
- communicate with parents about students’ schooling matters and celebrate the efforts and achievements of students;
- promote the School on its website or School-controlled social media and other publications and communications conducted and/or participated in by the School.
The School collects information about staff, prospective staff and contractors when necessary for:
- the administration of staff records;
- the recruitment of staff;
- disciplinary procedures and/or
- providing references.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA
The School retains personal data only for a legitimate and lawful reason and only for so long as necessary or required by law.
6. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal data processed by the School is only accessible by its administration and staff. The School’s staff has been informed of the importance of the protection of your personal data. The personal data will not be provided to third parties and will not be made public, unless the School has obtained your consent to do so or when required by law. As a school, the School may be lawfully required to share personal information with relevant authorities.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
Under data protection legislation you have rights regarding the collection, processing and storage of your personal data. These rights are, however, subject to certain exemptions and limitations as set out by law.
You have the right to:
- access and understand the personal data we hold about you and/or your child;
- ask for the personal data we hold about you and/or your child to be erased (this may be with limitations and exceptions as we may have lawful reason to hold such data);
- ask for the personal data we hold about you and/or your child to be amended;
- ask us to stop processing such data (this is with limitations and exceptions as we may have lawful reason to process such data);
- receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and/or your child;
- withdraw consent to process your personal data or your child’s personal data (this is with limitations and exceptions as we may have lawful reason to process such data regardless of consent).
If you would have any questions or would like to exercise your rights as mentioned above, you may contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Under data protection legislation, we are required to obtain consent to process an individual’s personal data, and will provide you and/or your child with the appropriate consent form. This is with limitations and exceptions as we may have lawful and legitimate reasons to process such data to support the school’s operation as an independent school or to fulfil contractual or legal obligations, regardless of consent. Whenever the School collects and/or processes personal data for any reason, it will take reasonable steps to inform you thereof.